I have big news to share. We are expecting our first child! Over the last few months, so much has been going on. Not only have I been adjusting to life as an expecting mother, but also life as a new entrepreneur (I quit my corporate job September 2021). In this episode, I share my maternity leave checklist as well as helpful maternity leave planning tips for entrepreneurs.
As we prepare for the arrival of Baby K, I’m re-evaluating my financial priorities and setting intentions for what 2022 will look like which will likely include reduced work hours, family travel/exploration, and adjusting to life as a new work-at-home mommy.
Maternity Leave Checklist For Entrepreneurs
- How to save for parental leave:
- Review household budget
- Set maternity leave or paternity leave duration (how many months will you plan to step away from work?)
- Set a new savings goal based on household budget (household budget x leave duration)
- Create a new bank account for your baby fund
- Create baby registry
- Amazon is widely used and offers fast delivery
- Apply for leave benefits (depends on state)
- Find a photographer for maternity shoot
- Find baby shower location
- Plan baby shower
Register for Intro to Travel Hacking: Earning Points and Miles Workshop — learn the basics of how to earn more points and miles using credit card rewards, how to pick the right credit card for your travel goals and lifestyle, and more.
I Quit My Job To Become An Entrepreneur – Episode 83
Danielle Desir Corbett paid off $63,000 of student loan debt in 4 years, bought a house at 27, and has traveled to 27 countries, including her favorites, Iceland, China, and Bermuda. Go here to learn Danielle’s incredible story, from struggling financially and in debt to finding creative ways to earn more and live on her terms. Listen to The Thought Card Podcast, where Danielle shares how you can creatively travel more and build wealth regardless of your current financial situation. Reach out to Danielle by contacting: thethoughtcard (at) gmail (dot) com.