A few weeks ago, I signed up for Teri Ijeoma’s investing course, Trade and Travel. As I work through the course material, I figured I would help save you research time by answering some of the most frequently asked questions I had while determining if this course was right for me. As a disclaimer, this blog post aims to answer questions about Trade and Travel, but I recommend contacting the Invest With Teri team to confirm as things may have changed. I’ve provided their email address below. With that out of the way, here are answers to the frequently asked questions about Teri Ijeoma’s Trade and Travel 2.0 course. If there’s a question you’d like to see added, please leave me a comment, and I’ll do my best to address them.
Click on the links below to jump to the most common questions!
- Are there any available promo codes or discounts?
- Is there a payment plan?
- Is the course a scam?
- Was enrolling in the course worth it?
This post contains affiliate links.
When you purchase from my site, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Top Frequently Asked Trade and Travel 2.0 Questions
Table of Contents
- Top Frequently Asked Trade and Travel 2.0 Questions
- 1. What is Trade and Travel 2.0?
- 2. Who is this trading course for?
- 3. Is the Trade and Travel 2.0 course for new investors?
- 4. Are there any prerequisites or requirements to enroll in the Trade and Travel 2.0 course?
- 5. How long does the program take to complete?
- 6. What will I learn in this course?
- 7. What are the most advanced trading strategies taught in Trade and Travel 2.0?
- 8. How much does the course cost?
- 9. Are there any coupon codes available?
- 10. Is there a payment plan?
- 11. What is the refund policy?
- 12. How much money do I need to start trading?
- 13. What’s the best email to contact the team with questions?
- 14. Do I have to attend classes live?
- 15. How long do you have access to the curriculum?
- 16. Is there a Facebook group? How long do you have access?
- 17. How many years of trading experience does Teri have?
- 18. Does Teri have any free resources?
- 19. Why did you purchase the course?
- 20. Is the course worth it?
- 21. Has Teri ever experienced financial losses in her trading journey?
- 22. How does Teri choose which stocks to invest in?
- 23. Is Teri Ijeoma Nigerian?
- 24. How did Teri get started trading?
- 25. What else should I know about Teri Ijeoma?
- 26. What’s Teri’s Instagram handle?
- 27. Are students required to sign an NDA (nondisclosure) form?
- 28. Are there any success stories from Trade and Travel course students?
- 29. Can I share my course log-in information with others?
- 30. Are there coaching calls available?
- 31. Is Trade and Travel a scam?
- 32. Does Teri Ijeoma offer other investing courses besides Trade and Travel?
First, you may be wondering what Invest With Teri is all about.
Teri Ijeoma is the Founder and CEO of Invest With Teri, a company on a mission to equip people with the knowledge and skills to change their lives by mastering the stock market. Invest With Teri offers a global online education course called Trade and Travel 2.0, where you can learn how to trade stocks and earn money in the stock market using Teri’s 7-step process.
1. What is Trade and Travel 2.0?
Trade and Travel 2.0 is a Teri Ijeoma course with the most updated curriculum, teaching you how to trade stocks and options and advanced trading strategies to do well in a bear market. This is the first major course rehaul since 2018.
As for the differences between the award-winning Trade & Travel course and Trade & Travel 2.0, 2.0 has been revamped to include one 8-week course (instead of two 4-week courses). It also emphasizes more advanced topics like shorting, gaps, and trading during a down market. There are more examples, videos, accountability, and support.
2. Who is this trading course for?
This course is right for you if you have an interest in learning how to actively trade in the stock market. Trade and Travel is a foundational investing course for day and swing traders.
Ideally, you’ll have disposal income and an established emergency fund. As a rule of thumb, trade with money you can afford to lose.
3. Is the Trade and Travel 2.0 course for new investors?
Yes, this investing course is for both new investors and experienced investors. You’ll learn how to pick good companies, place a trade, manage risk, and more. Teri shares her risk management plan for more advanced traders and teaches you how to trade options.
Teri Ijeoma’s Trade and Travel (TNT) is a self-paced course with over 100 hours of video training that helps everyday people trade stocks for income.
4. Are there any prerequisites or requirements to enroll in the Trade and Travel 2.0 course?
No, there are no prerequisites for the course. Come as you are with whatever knowledge you have about the stock market, even if it’s none. Access all the videos and supporting material in this self-paced course at your own time, and set your own pace for completion.
5. How long does the program take to complete?
Teri recommends taking two weeks per class to practice what was discussed. Trade and Travel 2.0 is divided into various sections, and modules include videos, tutorials, PDF worksheets, and more. It should take you 8+ weeks to complete.
6. What will I learn in this course?
Throughout this 8-week program, you’ll learn:
- Intro to the stock market
- How to pick good companies to trade
- Charting: how to read candlesticks to find the best time to purchase stocks
- How to calculate good entry and exit points when trading stocks
- Risk management
- How to protect yourself from losing money
- Technical analysis
- Mastering buyer and seller levels
- Shorting (making money when the stock goes down)
- Gaps, moving averages, etc.
This course shares everything Teri wishes she knew before trading. It walks you through the seven steps she takes every time she places a trade.
7. What are the most advanced trading strategies taught in Trade and Travel 2.0?
While the course starts with foundational principles, you’ll learn more advanced strategies like options, shorting, gaps, and Globex.
8. How much does the course cost?
As of March 2023, Trade and Travel costs $9,997.
If you need additional support, join the coaching community for weekly live group coaching calls (stocks and options) for a monthly subscription fee of $299 per month (some led by Teri and other coaches) and get exclusive deals to upcoming conferences.
You can also book a one-time 1-hour coaching session for $375 with experienced team members.
9. Are there any coupon codes available?
This course is rarely on sale, but I have a limited-time promo code for you! Use ‘HOLIDAY50’ at checkout for 50% off during the Black Friday Sale. [Updated November 2023: Promo code is still available as of November 22nd]
10. Is there a payment plan?
Yes, there’s an option to pay over 3, 6, 9, or 12 months: no interest or late fees.
You’ll get full access to the course even if you’re on a payment plan.
11. What is the refund policy?
Since you receive immediate access to everything in the course when you sign up, there is a no refund policy.
12. How much money do I need to start trading?
Teri suggests trading with $2,000 in your brokerage account, but many of her students open a simulator account with $500 to practice paper trading.
Practice trading with simulators from TradeStation, TD Ameritrade, and TradingView.
The goal is to make 1% of your cash amount per day. For example, if you want to make $100 daily, you should have $10,000 in your brokerage account.
13. What’s the best email to contact the team with questions?
For all questions, here’s the email address for the Invest With Teri team: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Do I have to attend classes live?
The course is self-paced, and you can learn on your own time.
Teri occasionally teaches the course live at an in-person conference called Trade and Travel 2.0 LIVE. The next live event hasn’t been announced yet, but I’ll update this post when it does. Attending the conference is an opportunity to learn Teri’s seven-step trading strategy, connect with other students, and get live support.
15. How long do you have access to the curriculum?
You will have lifetime access to the curriculum, meaning you can review the material as often as you like.
16. Is there a Facebook group? How long do you have access?
While there was a students-only Facebook group with nearly 14,000 members, Teri Ijeoma Trade and Travel students are now encouraged to join a new community off social media, which combines Facebook, Zoom, and Telegram.
Joining the community is a great opportunity to connect with other students and alumni. The group is active, so don’t be shy. Feel free to ask questions and support other students.
17. How many years of trading experience does Teri have?
Teri has over ten years of trading experience. In addition to learning through trial and error, she has spent thousands taking courses to become a better investor.
18. Does Teri have any free resources?
Yes! Teri offers a valuable free webinar where you can learn how to start earning $1,000 in a day by actively trading.
Click here to access the free webinar where Teri shares (4) secrets that helped her quit her job and travel the world. Get a taste of her strategies and how she can guide you toward trading for income in the stock market.
Starting November 20, 2023, Teri is hosting a free 5-Day “Take Your First Trade Challenge,” where she’ll walk you through what you need to know about selecting, buying, and selling stocks and ETFs in less than a week. Did I mention this challenge is FREE?!
19. Why did you purchase the course?
I met Teri in 2018 at FinCon, a conference for personal finance content creators and brands. I was captivated by her story. Through trading stocks, she quit her job and enjoyed traveling the world. Seeing a Black woman confidently talk about investing in the stock market was inspiring! I admire Teri and all that she has accomplished personally and professionally with Invest With Teri.
Before taking the course, I was a long-term investor investing in ETFs, mutual funds, and retirement accounts. However, when I was introduced to the concept of trading for income, I realized this could be a lucrative side hustle to bring in additional income for my family.
At FinCon, Teri and I recorded a podcast episode together. You can listen to Episode 7: How Teri Ijeoma Trades and Travels Full-Time.
Listen to the podcast episode on Spotify.
Prioritizing location independence and financial freedom, I bought the course because trading can be one way to supplement my income and earn more money both for the short term and long term. Trading is also a valuable skill set I can use to create generational wealth and change my family’s trajectory.
20. Is the course worth it?
Trade and Travel is one of the first trading courses my husband and I invested in to learn how to actively trade via day trading and swing trading. Now having a solid foundation, almost two years later, we still use many of the principles we learned from Teri like how to pick good companies, reading charts, and risk management.
As new traders, we are continuously fine-tuning our trading strategy and getting a better handle on our trading psychology.
Taking this course we built the confidence to take our first trade and start seeing gains. However, you’ll still need to practice (and lots of it). It’s going to take time to be proficient and profitable. During that time you may invest in additional resources like courses, memberships, books, tools, and conferences.
21. Has Teri ever experienced financial losses in her trading journey?
Yes, Teri has experienced financial losses in her trading journey. She’s transparent about both her wins and losses.
One of the reasons why she’s really passionate about helping people learn how to trade is because, during the first six years of trading, she would make some money and then lose more.
Teri wishes she had someone to prevent her from making those costly mistakes.
Her losses taught her valuable lessons, like risk management, which she now shares with her students.
22. How does Teri choose which stocks to invest in?
Teri has traded the same 30 stocks for the last 13 years.
There are times when she switches out underperforming stocks. Still, for the most part, her portfolio is pretty tech-heavy with stocks like Amazon, Meta, and Adobe — semiconductors like NVIDIA, and food chains like Chipotle.
23. Is Teri Ijeoma Nigerian?
Teri’s father is from Nigeria. Her mom is from Texas, where she grew up.
She has a mix of African and African-American heritage.
24. How did Teri get started trading?
Teri worked as an Assistant Principal at an elementary school in Dallas, Texas. During that time, she was trading to supplement her income. However, she eventually realized she wanted to travel full-time, especially since her work environment was becoming toxic.
At the time, her goal was to earn $300 a day trading in the stock market.
Once she became consistent, Teri quit her job and traveled to Thailand, Vietnam, and South Korea. Trading afforded her travels and brought in the income to sustain her lifestyle.
Her travel buddies started asking her to teach them how to trade, so she started hosting in-person workshops. She eventually created an online course in 2018 to introduce more people beyond her friend group.
Her first cohort had 35 students. The next year, she made her first million dollars as a course creator. Trade and Travel has been the #1 course on Teachable ever since.
When Teri was in high school, Google had its initial public offering (IPO). She really wanted to get in after a summer program learning about stocks. So she went to her teachers. She went to her grandmother, and nobody knew how to get in. She created Trade and Travel so more people could learn about the stock market, trade confidently, and earn income.
25. What else should I know about Teri Ijeoma?
Teri Ijeoma is the founder of Trade and Travel. In addition to being an entrepreneur and day trader, Teri is also a real estate broker. She is a Massachusetts Institute of Technology graduate (MIT) and holds a Bachelor of Business Management. Teri has helped over 35,000 people learn how to trade with her investing course. Before Invest With Teri, Teri worked as an assistant principal of an elementary school. Investing was Teri’s exit strategy. She quit her job as an assistant principal in 2017.
26. What’s Teri’s Instagram handle?
27. Are students required to sign an NDA (nondisclosure) form?
Currently, students are not required to complete an NDA when accessing the course materials.
28. Are there any success stories from Trade and Travel course students?
Teri has enrolled over 12,000 students in her course and has welcomed 1,000+ students in her prestigious ‘$1,000 A Day Club.’ Here are some of the requirements to join this exclusive club:
- Must realize $1,000 trading in a day (by selling a stock).
- Trade must occur in a live account or simulator account.
- Simulator account must be below $100,000.
Also, on Teri’s YouTube channel, there’s an entire playlist devoted to success stories and student testimonials. Watch here!
No, this is not allowed. Each person should purchase the course separately. Couples are allowed to share a login.
30. Are there coaching calls available?
Access to monthly coaching calls is an additional $299 per month. These calls are led by experienced coaches and Teri herself.
31. Is Trade and Travel a scam?
Teri has enrolled over 35,000 students in the Trade and Travel course. She has been featured on Bloomberg, The Breakfast Club, Yahoo Finance, Good Morning America, and Investopedia, to name a few.
The Trade and Travel course is not a scam. It is legit.
In 2019, Teri competed against other course creators and became the Grand Champion of Teachable’s 2019 Creator Challenge. Since then, she has led the #1 course on Teachable over the last three years.
32. Does Teri Ijeoma offer other investing courses besides Trade and Travel?
Trade and Travel is Teri’s flagship course. She does not offer additional trading courses. However, she occasionally offers a FREE live 5-Day challenge called ‘Take Your First Trade.’
Did I cover everything? If you have other questions, please drop them in the comments below.
And if you found this blog post helpful, please let me know.
Enroll in Trade and Travel if you’re ready to learn how to trade stocks. See you in class!
Want to take the course, but need help saving for it. Stay tuned for the next article, where I’ll share how to save money to invest in Teri’s course. Join my newsletter below to be among the first to know when I publish this blog post.
Danielle Desir Corbett paid off $63,000 of student loan debt in 4 years, bought a house at 27, and has traveled to 27 countries, including her favorites, Iceland, China, and Bermuda. Go here to learn Danielle’s incredible story, from struggling financially and in debt to finding creative ways to earn more and live on her terms. Listen to The Thought Card Podcast, where Danielle shares how you can creatively travel more and build wealth regardless of your current financial situation. Reach out to Danielle by contacting: thethoughtcard (at) gmail (dot) com.