Episode 85: The History of Remote Work and Digital Nomad Trends With Kristin Wilson
The remote work revolution is here. Being a digital nomad isn’t only about traveling — it’s about having the freedom to live and work on your own terms. In this episode, Kristin Wilson shares the history of remote work and digital nomad trends like digital nomad visas. She also shares tips on how to prosper as a remote worker traveling around the world.
Kristin Wilson is a long-term digital nomad and expat who has been living and working across 60+ countries for nearly 20 years. She is also the founder of a remote relocation company, through which she has helped more than 1,000 people move to foreign countries. She is a top writer on Medium and Quora in topics such as business, travel, technology, and digital nomadism. Kristin believes that remote work or a flexible work model can work for anyone.
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music
Listen on Pandora | iHeartRadio
This episode of The Thought Card Podcast is sponsored by Out Travel The System By Expedia, a travel podcast that features tips and tricks for making the most of your travel experiences. Follow today on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Thank you in advance for supporting my work and buying me a coffee. This allows me to keep creating travel and personal finance you enjoy.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- [4:00] The history of remote work and why the remote work movement is picking up steam in 2021
- [7:00] The biggest roadblocks to working remotely
- [11:50] Why corporations are anti-remote work
- [17:00] Steps people are taking to become location independent
- [26:00] What are digital nomad visas
- [32:30] The non-tech skills needed to become a digital nomad
- [38:00] How to set a defined routine and work schedule to get things done in your business
- [44:40] Kristin’s favorite income streams including consulting and affiliate income
- [49:00] How to create a budget where you can work and travel
- [53:00] More about Kristin’s podcast Badass Digital Nomads
- Inside My Day-in-the-Life As A Quarantined Digital Nomad
- 12 Ways the World Will Change When Everyone Works Remotely
- 8 Skills You Need To Become A Digital Nomad
- Working At Home Can Save Gasoline – Washington Post Article from 1979
- Digital Nomad Pre-Planning Budget (Free)
- Find Remote Work With Remote Job Boards (article)
Connect With Kristin Wilson
YouTube: Traveling With Kristin
YouTube: Digital Nomad TV
Digital Nomad Digest: https://medium.com/digital-nomad-digest
Listen to these episode next
Episode 84: Digital Nomad Lifestyle Pros and Cons With Tom Blake
Episode 71: How To Become Location Independent With Debbie Arcangeles
Episode 49: How To Plan An Adult Gap Year With Stephanie Perry
Danielle Desir Corbett paid off $63,000 of student loan debt in 4 years, bought a house at 27, and has traveled to 27 countries, including her favorites, Iceland, China, and Bermuda. Go here to learn Danielle’s incredible story, from struggling financially and in debt to finding creative ways to earn more and live on her terms. Listen to The Thought Card Podcast, where Danielle shares how you can creatively travel more and build wealth regardless of your current financial situation. Reach out to Danielle by contacting: thethoughtcard (at) gmail (dot) com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!