Terri Huggins Hart is a freelance writer by day, a Zumba instructor, and enthused pole dancer. Her work can be found in Redbook, The Frisky, Dance Magazine, Huffington Post, Bridal Guide and more. When she’s not writing, dancing or helping people find joy, Terri can be found volunteering for a cause dear to her heart and finding new ways to aggressively beat down debt.
In this episode, Terri teaches us how to get started in freelance writing. She shows us that not only can freelance writing be a fulfilling career but it can also be a lucrative side gig too!
In this episode we cover:
- What is a freelance writer?
- The day in the life of a freelance writer (and new mom)
- The difference between a freelance journalist and freelance writer/blogger
- Tips for getting started as a freelance writer
- Start a blog
- Start pitching editors
- Never give up – consistency and patience is key
- What to include in a pitch to an editor
- Does having a degree in journalism really matter?
- Six-Figure Freelancing: The Writer’s Guide to Making More Money, Second Edition
- Make a Living Writing
Connect with Terri Huggins Hart
See you back here for episode 21 where we chat about setting financial goals.
New to the podcast? Learn what The Thought Card is all about by listening to Episode 1.
Hey, if you’re enjoying this podcast, subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast player!
We’re currently available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Sticher, TuneIn, and Google Podcasts.
Don’t forget new episodes drop every other Thursday.
How to subscribe to the show?
- Head to your favorite podcast player.
- Search for “The Thought Card”.
Danielle Desir Corbett paid off $63,000 of student loan debt in 4 years, bought a house at 27, and has traveled to 27 countries, including her favorites, Iceland, China, and Bermuda. Go here to learn Danielle’s incredible story, from struggling financially and in debt to finding creative ways to earn more and live on her terms. Listen to The Thought Card Podcast, where Danielle shares how you can creatively travel more and build wealth regardless of your current financial situation. Reach out to Danielle by contacting: thethoughtcard (at) gmail (dot) com.