Meet Danielle Desir Corbett
An award-winning affordable luxury travel and personal finance expert.
A Go-To Resource
If you want to travel more, pay off debt, and build wealth then you’re in the right place!
I’m Danielle Desir Corbett, and welcome to my affordable luxury travel and personal finance blog and podcast.
A native of New York City, I went to Manhattan College for undergrad. After graduating with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration, I moved to Connecticut, to pursue my Master’s in Health Care Administration. I’ve called Connecticut home ever since.
I love road trips, excel spreadsheets, spending time outdoors, and searching for cheap flights and travel deals.
I enjoy visiting breweries, hiking to breathtaking viewpoints, and listening to informative podcasts in my spare time.
I’m a wife and mom to a beautiful boy, and after side hustling for seven years, I quit corporate to pursue creative entrepreneurship.
In 2015 I started this travel blog which combines my passions for travel and money. I wanted to debunk the myth that you can travel while paying off student loans or while pursuing other financial goals.
Now I teach others how to afford to make travel a financial priority in their lives through my blog, podcast, and books.
Learn more about me by listening to this episode – How I Became a Financially Savvy Traveler.
About The Thought Card Podcast
The Thought Card Podcast is a top-rated, award-winning personal finance and travel podcast empowering financially savvy travelers with the tools and resources to travel the world, earn more money, pay off debt, and build wealth.
Join me every other week as we explore creative ways to live on our terms, obtain financial freedom, and location independence.
We talk about how to find the best travel deals, travel destinations, travel rewards, and practical tips for saving money, investing, and homeownership.
Listen to The Thought Card Podcast on your favorite podcast player, including:
The Latest Travel and Personal Finance Resources
Learn how to travel more and build wealth!
Get Inspired ⬇️
Listen below for creative ways you can make smart money decisions to travel the world and live on your terms.
“I am not rich nor am I privileged, but I am financially savvy.”
by Danielle Desir Corbett
How I Came Up With “The Thought Card” Name?
Communication is key in any relationship.
A few years ago, when faced with a challenging situation, I started sending my loved ones “thought cards” expressing my emotions and thoughts. Eventually, they caught on and started sending them back – we’ve been doing this exchange ever since.
Reading each others’ thought cards always brought us together in new ways and strengthened our bond.
The Thought Card is my way of bringing travel enthusiasts and money nerds together. It’s a place to share financial strategies, travel deals, and money-saving resources. No problem (financial or travel) is too big for us to tackle together.
11 Fun Facts About Me
- I enjoy long-distance running out in nature. It’s a great way to clear my mind and listen to my favorite podcasts.
- I have completed multiple Tough Mudders and Spartan Races.
- I don’t eat meat (I’m a pescatarian), but bacon still smells delicious.
- I’m pretty nasty at double dutch (jumping rope with two ropes).
- I paid off $63,000 of student loan debt in 4 years.
- Since I travel often, my grandpa calls me the “pigeon in flight.”
- I worked at one of the top medical schools in the country as a Grants Manager. I have a background in Finance, Health Care Administration, and Project Management.
- In 2022, I launched Grants For Creators, a newsletter sharing grants and funding opportunities for US creatives, entrepreneurs, and small business owners.
- I’m the founder of WOC Podcasters (Women of Color), a podcasting community for Women of Color to learn about podcasting, share resources, and be in community with each other. You should join!
- My travel and money tips have been featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Work + Money, Vice, New York Post, CreditCards.com, Student Loan Hero, and more.
- As a podcast marketing coach, I help experienced podcasters grow and monetize their shows.
Where I’ve Been
Favorite Destinations: China, Bermuda, France, Ireland, and Iceland.
Favorite Travel Memory: Snorkeling Silfra (Iceland) and climbing The Great Wall of China.
My top 10 destinations to visit: Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Turkey, South Africa, Greece, Australia, Costa Rica, Morocco, and Germany.
- Self-funded 3 months of parental leave as an entrepreneur.
- Paid off over $20,000 of mortgage principal in 3 years.
- Bought a house at 27 years old.
- Paid off $63,000 of student loan debt in 4 years.
thethoughtcard (at) gmail (dot) com